[GreatFET] Not detected on Windows 7

Dillon Nichols ee.tinkerer at gmail.com
Wed May 22 10:41:04 EDT 2019

Kate,

Thanks! I did get it working after digging into it.

I installed the drivers alright with Zadig. I created a PR against the
tutorials with your explanation so others can find it:
https://github.com/greatscottgadgets/greatfet-tutorials/pull/2

I ran through the instructions to install greatfet from git and made
another PR to explain some details that weren't immediately clear:
https://github.com/greatscottgadgets/greatfet/pull/240

I noticed that the libgreat submodule inside greatfet was out of date so I
pulled from master there (which seems to be your Windows fix). I also
needed to uninstall the old version of pygreat so it picked the dev
version. These probably won't be issues once the code is released, but this
tripped me up for a while.

Thanks again for your help,
Dillon