[gvttc general] Welcome to 2018 Wednesday Spring League

David Shih david_c_shih at alumni.ucla.edu
Sat Jan 6 22:48:04 EST 2018

Nanu Nanu (Greetings and Salutations),

A revised recycled welcome message for the new 2018 Wednesday Spring League.

A "few" quick notes on this league:

*         The schedule is accessible via the website.  Here is a direct
link:  Schedule
<https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nhWvoGVUitUGDAEuZIyxdN_Jq_jXtID4> .

o   If you notice any errors, please let me know.

o   Note that there is one team one BYE team each week for this session.  If
your team is on BYE, I will try to contact you to sub if there is an absence
at the same level.

o   Note also that there is a column to indicate the #3 and #4 players' free
lessons' schedule.

*         This session we have 36 players divided into 9 teams.

*         We will setup the court using the "center-split" layout, same as
last year, to avoid sudden invasions from the neighboring basketball court.

*         We will setup 8 tables each week.

o   Table numbering is the same as before.

*  Table 1 is on the south side (right hand side as we enter the building),
next to the wooden basketball court.

*  Table numbers increase clockwise around our court

o   We will play league matches on all 8 tables, with each team matchup
using 2 tables.

*         League play starts at 6:30 pm

o   Unless prior arrangement has been made with me, I would consider a
player to be absent (and forfeit) at 7:00 pm, and look for last-minute subs.

*  This is so that the opposing players can have enough time to play 3
matches for the night.

*  This is a painful situation and I would rather not go through it.

o   If you have a situation where I should expect a later arrival due to
important stuff such as work, please contact me and we can try to work
something out.

o   It is possible to begin league play prior to the official start time if
your opponent agrees.

*         As for substitutes

o   I will again attempt to post known absences and scheduled subs on this
page
<https://drive.google.com/open?id=18TU1ZY3cFRntC5zR5RTpRJKpocrCEIikL6HqeAfml
Qc> , which is also accessible via the website.

*  As I am notified of each sub request, I will update the page as soon as I
can.

*  This serves as my confirmation to receiving your sub request.

*  You should also use this to verify that I have correctly notated the date
of your planned absence.

o   Please let me know of your planned absences as early as possible

*  This can allow me to seek prospective subs, and to allow subs to make
room in their schedule to come and play.

*  It is generally difficult to find subs on short notice since people
generally need to rearrange their schedule.

*  It is best to notify me via email:  david_c_shih at frontiernet.net
<mailto:david_c_shih at frontiernet.net>

*  If an emergency arises on the day of the league, especially after 5:00
PM, please call me at (585)210-9603.  Please note that I generally will not
receive text at this number in a timely manner.  I'm old school.

o   Note that if you have indicated your planned absence, and both you and
the substitute show up to play, the substitute will play the matches.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Let's have a fun season!

David Shih