[meteorite-list] Meteorite Museum- photo update
rockgirl at twcny.rr.com
Tue Apr 27 17:07:51 EDT 2004
Dear Meteorite List Members,
As many of you already know, the R.A. Langheinrich Meteorite Museum
collection is one of the largest online reference sources for photographs of
meteorites, and we have recently completed a series of additions to the
photo gallery. There are now nearly 250 specimens from the R.A. Langheinrich
Meteorite Collection available for online viewing, represented by twelve
pages of thumbnails, all of which click-to full size images with fall and
- Numbered Nininger and Huss stones and irons, and many other specimens
with vintage museum numbers and labels.
- Complete stones from witnessed falls such as Allende, Bensour, Bilanga,
Camel Donga, Campo Sales, Djoumine, Forest City, Holbrook, Leedy, Monze,
Murchison, Nuevo Mercurio, Park Forest, Pervomaisky, Portales Valley,
Pultusk, and Zag.
- Lunar and planetary material including Nakhla, Dar al Gani 476, and NWA
- The main masses of NWAA 864 (L3.3), NWA 1227 (LL3), NWA 1242 (MES), NWA
1182 (AHOW), Zag (b), Noyan-Bogdo, Dar al Gani 485, and Fairfield.
- Sikhote-Alin, Henbury, and Canyon Diablo irons with natural holes;
Mundrabillas, Odessas, and Gibeons with outstanding surface features.
We hope that the photographs of Allan's collection will be of interest to
the meteorite community, and we invite you to take a look:
Please make sure you refresh your page. Also, as a reminder that a number
of select items from the R.A. Langheinrich Meteorite Museum Collection are
currently being offered on ebay. The first auction will close on Friday,
April 30 and can be seen here.
More information about the Meteorite-list